I don’t know about you, but I tend to get a little restless with my look at this time of the year, particularly when it comes to my hair. Recently, Diane Kruger lit up the red carpet with this modern day twist on a classic Hollywood style, and I love it. (I may even try it out on my next outing with my boyfriend!) Her hairstylist, Richard Marin, gave us the scoop on four simple steps to re-create this holiday hair DO at home.
• Dry hair with head titled forward using an ionic dryer for maximum shine and volume (try the Remington Professional Dryer, available at Wal-Mart, $50.00).
• Part hair to side. Using a one inch barrel curling iron (I personally love the T3 One-Inch Barrel Iron), section hair in pieces that are 1½ inches by 3 inches wide. Curl in one direction for a uniform wave pattern, and let curls cool to set.
• Brush hair out in a downward motion. Keep brush close to scalp, and finger waves will form. Brush waves to one side, and secure in side ponytail.
• Roll hair into smooth bun with the ends poking out, and pin into place. Finish with a touch of hairspray and bit of shine spray. (Best hair spray ever: L’Oreal Elnett Extra Hold Hairspray, $13.49, Amazon.com). To glam it up like Diane, add a sparkly hair accessory.
Like this post?
I’m thinking about expanding FutureDerm.com to include information about hair products, styles, and accessories. Let me know your thoughts in Comments!
- 31Blake Lively is one of Hollywood's most up-and-coming young actresses, with leading roles in Gossip Girl and films like The Town with Ben Affleck. Yet it's not only her career women envy: It's her hair. “Trouble is, some girls are born with amazing hair,” says Michael Wilson of Bumble and bumble, adding that hair like…