I’m a first-year med student and fan of your blog. Thinking about emergency med. How do you find the time? Do you recommend that I start a blog too? Will it help me match?
I write on a blog because I love to do it. Period.
I honestly do not know if it is advisable or not to do what I have done. Probably not. I have talked to advisors who have told me it is ludicrous to publish my name on a beauty blog, as some traditionalists in medicine look upon endorsing products and such disfavorably, even after completing a dermatology residency. Conversely, I have mentors and colleagues who have said I am building credibility with well-researched articles and fans while still in medical school.
I am interested in three things in my career:
- 1.) Advocating the public on their available choices in skin, hair, and beauty products;
- 2.) Innovating the skin care and beauty industry with novel technologies and breakthroughs. Not just putting my name on any old product, but inventing revolutionary therapeutic creams and devices proven to work;
- 3.) Working hard and with integrity. Becoming one of the best in the world at what I do.
Founder and CEO Nicki Zevola started FutureDerm as a medical (M.D.) student studying to be a dermatologist. She is an award-winning scientific researcher and writer. She currently is concentrating on FutureDerm and developing FutureDerm's one-of-a-kind products. She can be found on Google+ and Twitter.View all Nicki Zevola posts.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 3 Lies the Natural Product Industry is Feeding You (and the Underlying Truth)
- Hydroxy Acids Part II: The Differences between Glycolic Acid, Salicyclic Acid, Lipohydroxy Acid, and Gluconolactone
- Are Inorganic Sunscreens Better Than Organic Ones? Part V: Conclusion and Product Recommendations
- Follow Friday+Nicki’s Personal Updates: 5 Secrets for Lasting Friendship
- How to Get Rid of Acne: 6 Treatments You Haven’t Tried!
- 3 Reasons Why Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Destroy Your Hair – And What to Use Instead
- Does the Oil Cleansing Method Work?
- Spotlight On: Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide and Nicotinic Acid)
- Hydroxy Acids Part I: What are Hydroxy Acids?
- Lancome Tonique Confort Rehydrating Toner Review
Subscribe & Save
Subscribe to our RSS Feed