About the author: Phyrra is a makeup expert and our weekly in-depth Cosmetics Writer. For more, please visit her blog at Phyrra.net.
Nicki requested a smoky eye tutorial for you this week so I put together a sophisticated smoky look for you in just ten steps! For this look you’ll need eyeshadow primer, a black eyeliner pencil, and eyeshadows in the following shades:
- matte grey (Makeup Geek Stealth)
- matte pale peachy-pink (Urban Decay Walk of Shame)
- sparkly black (Makeup Geek Galaxy)
- golden beige pearl (MAC Naked Pigment)
- ivory pearl (MAC Fairylite Pigment)
To begin, you’ll want your eye area cleansed and moisturized. Apply eyeshadow primer to the eye area, including the lower lid.
Take a matte, slightly deeper than mid-tone grey. I used Makeup Geek Stealth.
Apply the matte grey to your crease, the outer 1/3 of your lid and your outer lower lid. I have hooded eyes, so the shape I chose goes onto my lower browbone so that the crease color is visible.
Apply a pale matte pinky-peach-beige shade to the upper crease. I used Urban Decay Walk of Fame.
As you apply this pale color, blend inward.
Now that you have both colors applied, take a blending brush (I use the MAC 224) and blend inward at the seam of the two colors.
Take a flesh toned shade, such as MAC pigment in Naked, and apply to the inner 2/3 of the lid, inner v, and inner lid.
Take a light ivory with a pink sheen to highlight. I used MAC Fairylite.
Take a smudger brush and the sparkly black shade again.
Smudge the sparkly black along the outer upper lash line and outer lower lash line.
Line your lower waterline. If you’re comfortable lining the upper waterline, do that too. I have problems lining mine because of my allergies and contacts.
Slip on your favorite little black dress and you’ll be ready to go!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Makeup Geek Stealth – crease, outer 1/3 of lid, outer lower lash line
- Urban Decay Walk of Shame – upper crease
- MAC Naked Pigment – inner 2/3 of lid and inner lower lash line
- Makeup Geek Galaxy – outer v, outer upper lash line, outer lower lash line, outer crease
- MAC Fairylite Pigment – browbone and inner corners
- Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Perversion – lower waterline
- Smashbox Lash Primer
- Milani Runway Lashes Mascara
- Anastasia Lash Genius
- Sugarpill 2AM – to define brows
Contributing Writer Courtney, better known as Phyrra, is a beauty blogger, gamer, social media consultant, and standard poodle lover. She's addicted to her kindle fire and Pinterest. Phyrra can be found at her blog Phyrra: Beauty for the Bold and she is also a contributing writer at MyBeautyBunny.com.View all Phyrra posts.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Hydroxy Acids Part II: The Differences between Glycolic Acid, Salicyclic Acid, Lipohydroxy Acid, and Gluconolactone
- How to Get Rid of Acne: 6 Treatments You Haven’t Tried!
- 3 Reasons Why Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Destroy Your Hair – And What to Use Instead
- Hydroxy Acids Part I: What are Hydroxy Acids?
- Follow Friday+Nicki’s Personal Updates: 5 Secrets for Lasting Friendship
- Lancome Tonique Confort Rehydrating Toner Review
- Are Inorganic Sunscreens Better Than Organic Ones? Part V: Conclusion and Product Recommendations
- The Truth About Petrolatum
- Are Other Vitamin CE Ferulic Serums As Effective as Skinceuticals?: Cosmetics Solutions, Timeless, Skinmedica Compared
- Spotlight On: Vitamin C
Subscribe & Save
Subscribe to our RSS Feed