After hearing all the buzz about Revlon’s Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, and with my love for chubby lip pencils (such as tarte LipSurgence lip tints and Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Sticks), I just had to pick some up.
The Website Claims
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
- Lightweight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm
- 100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color
- Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required
Does it live up to its claims?
I’d say so. They have a slightly minty smell and taste but it fades quickly. The formula is moisturizing on my lips. I can swatch these back to back without my lips getting all sore and chapped. Initially when applied they’re glossy. That glossy effect lasts until you either wipe it off or you eat and drink and it will come gradually. That said, they do leave a nice stain behind on the lips, which lasts for a few hours.
I really like the fact that they swivel up and you don’t need to sharpen them. That’s a big plus in my book as it means no product lost. I like that they’re easy to apply, you don’t need a separate lip liner or gloss, they’re a great all in one sort of product.
I was asked how these compared to the tarte LipSurgence and the main difference to me is that these are more glossy initially, and feel more like a gloss or a gel on top of the lips, where the LipSurgence meld more with my lips. That said, they do meld, imparting moisture, and leave a stain on your lips.
Honey, Crush, Darling, Cherish, Lovesick, Sweetheart, Smitten, Charm, Rendezvous, Romantic, Precious, Adore
Charm, Rendezvous, Romantic, Crush, Lovesick
$8.99 (though you can get them buy one get one at various places like Drugstore.com, Ulta, CVS or Target)
This is a full face shot of Charm.
This is Rendezvous.
This is Crush.
This is Lovesick.
Would I purchase these again?
Yes! I loved Crush so much I went back and bought the rest of the ones you see here. My favorite of the bunch is Lovesick, followed by Crush and Romantic.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Squalane, Bis Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyalmide 3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerylthrityl Tetra Di Butyl Hydroxyhdrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Peperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)
Products purchased by me. All opinions are my own.
Contributing Writer Courtney, better known as Phyrra, is a beauty blogger, gamer, social media consultant, and standard poodle lover. She's addicted to her kindle fire and Pinterest. Phyrra can be found at her blog Phyrra: Beauty for the Bold and she is also a contributing writer at MyBeautyBunny.com.View all Phyrra posts.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 3 Lies the Natural Product Industry is Feeding You (and the Underlying Truth)
- Hydroxy Acids Part II: The Differences between Glycolic Acid, Salicyclic Acid, Lipohydroxy Acid, and Gluconolactone
- Are Inorganic Sunscreens Better Than Organic Ones? Part V: Conclusion and Product Recommendations
- Follow Friday+Nicki’s Personal Updates: 5 Secrets for Lasting Friendship
- How to Get Rid of Acne: 6 Treatments You Haven’t Tried!
- 3 Reasons Why Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Destroy Your Hair – And What to Use Instead
- Does the Oil Cleansing Method Work?
- Spotlight On: Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide and Nicotinic Acid)
- Hydroxy Acids Part I: What are Hydroxy Acids?
- Lancome Tonique Confort Rehydrating Toner Review
Subscribe & Save
Subscribe to our RSS Feed