Today I’ve got my first Battle of the Mascaras for you! I have Beauty Addicts Show Off mascara vs. LashControl Volumizing mascara.
Show Off’s claims:
Intense, dramatic lashes with one easy stroke! This unique formula offers volume, length and curl with Argan Oil to condition and protect. The curved brush hugs the natural eye shape to coat every lash while fanning and feathering. No clumps, no flakes, no smudges.
Lash Control’s claims:
Our Volumizer brush is zig-zag in shape to offer fast-paced 2x Black coverage. The conditioning, no flake black formula is beeswax-based with loads of botanicals to help hydrate the lashes. The best volume mascara with Squeeze Control!
- UNIQUE: No other mascara on the market today has our patented built-in squeezable wiper sleeve, enabling the consumer to continuously control and customize the application process.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL and more SANITARY: No more wiping with a tissue or scraping along the edge of the tube! Now your brush can be both an applicator and a lash separator, reducing excess and waste, application is precise and takes less time, and best of all -NO MORE CLUMPS!
- GENTLE: Conditioning mascara formulas are non-irritating*. With loads of botanicals in a hydrating beeswax base, ingredients include Gingko Biloba, Chamomile Flower Extract, Ginseng Root Extract and many more. Our formulas accentuate length with the ability add volume with layers as desired. Lashes stay flexible to the touch. No smearing or flaking
- EASY: Easy to use and easy to remove! Washes off with warm water. Promotes healthy natural growth and protects the lashes. No tugging, pulling or remover necessary.
- FUN: Sold in exciting and eco-friendly exterior packaging that displays a full size product and brush.
Beauty Addicts Show Off $20.00
LashControl Volumizing Mascara $20.0
Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Rosinate, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, PVP, Lanolin Acid , Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium Borate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Chlorphenesin, Keratin Amino Acids, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopherol, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499
Beauty Addicts Show Off Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C18-36 Aid Triglyceride, PVP, Cetyl Palmitate, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Nylon-12, Stearic Acid, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Steareth-20, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-2, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, May Contain +/- Iron Oxides (CI 77499)
The brushes are very different!
Show Off’s brush is wide on one side and thin on the other, as well as slightly angled. It’s good for adding a bit of curl. I added a second picture (courtesy of PR) to better show off the slight curve.
LashControl’s brush is actually very round and it’s great for evenly coating the lashes. I like this shape a lot.
This is what nature gave me, my natural lashes.
For some reason my left lashes tend to tangle, even after I comb them out. It’s like, I blink, and they’re tangled.
After one coat, you can see that both mascaras gave me quite a bit of length and some good volume. However, Show Off and my left lashes tangled a tiny bit.
So I tried two coats.
I don’t typically wear two coats of mascara. The Show Off tangled and clumped on me some more. The Lash Control looks better to me and my lashes look pretty volumized.
It looks like the Show Off flaked off a bit on my eyes, too.
Pros for both
- Both are $20.
- Both companies told me that both are cruelty-free.
- Neither irritated my eyes.
Pros for LashControl
- Unique squeeze tube container that lets you control how much product comes out. Squeeze a LOT and you get a natural look. Squeeze a litty, and you get more dramatic lashes.
- Didn’t flake on me.
- Unique brush that really does seem to work to separate lashes and prevent clumping.
- Gives length and volume.
- Lives up to its claims on me.
Pros for Show Off
- Nice curved brush.
- Gives curl when applied.
- Gives length and volume.
Cons for Show Off
- Flaked a bit on me.
- Slightly clumpy.
- Does not live up to its claims on me.
Cons for LashControl
- Doesn’t curl the lashes (but it doesn’t claim to).
So to me, the clear winner of this Battle of the Mascaras is LashControl Volumizing Mascara!
Which mascara do you like between Show Off and LashControl? Which did you prefer? What is your current favorite mascara?
Products sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.
Contributing Writer Courtney, better known as Phyrra, is a beauty blogger, gamer, social media consultant, and standard poodle lover. She's addicted to her kindle fire and Pinterest. Phyrra can be found at her blog Phyrra: Beauty for the Bold and she is also a contributing writer at MyBeautyBunny.com.View all Phyrra posts.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Hydroxy Acids Part II: The Differences between Glycolic Acid, Salicyclic Acid, Lipohydroxy Acid, and Gluconolactone
- How to Get Rid of Acne: 6 Treatments You Haven’t Tried!
- 3 Reasons Why Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Destroy Your Hair – And What to Use Instead
- Hydroxy Acids Part I: What are Hydroxy Acids?
- Follow Friday+Nicki’s Personal Updates: 5 Secrets for Lasting Friendship
- Lancome Tonique Confort Rehydrating Toner Review
- Are Inorganic Sunscreens Better Than Organic Ones? Part V: Conclusion and Product Recommendations
- Spotlight On: Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide and Nicotinic Acid)
- The Truth About Petrolatum
- Are Other Vitamin CE Ferulic Serums As Effective as Skinceuticals?: Cosmetics Solutions, Timeless, Skinmedica Compared
Subscribe & Save
Subscribe to our RSS Feed