Introducing FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5: Pre-Orders Now Open!

FutureDerm Time Release Retinol 0.5

I'm super excited and nervous to announce:  You can now pre-order FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5.  I am also happy to report that we are able to sell it for only $39.95 until September 19!  To cover costs, we will unfortunately need to raise the price to $54.95 after.  But I think our readers will love it! Pre-orders will arrive before August 25, 2012. I'm very proud of the formulation. FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5 is the first retinol treatment of its kind, as a lightweight gel formula with microencapsulated 0.5% retinol.

About 0.5% Retinol

Retinol 0.5% is clinically proven by research studies to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by 30% within the first two weeks of use. Retinol 0.5% helps:

• Fight fine lines and wrinkles
  • Smooth mottled or rough skin
  • Aid mild to moderate acne
  • Alleviate the appearance of age spots
  • Maintain and build skin firmness

Retinol works largely by increasing cellular turnover and skin's glycosaminoglycans (which hold water), and also by downgrading matrix metalloproteinases (enzymes that degrade collagen) (Archives of Dermatology, 2007).

How Our Retinol 0.5 is Different

A concentrated retinol formula, FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5 contains 0.5% microencapsulated retinol in a lightweight gel formula that is perfect for use together with your other favorite moisturizers.  Most retinoid creams are thicker, taking up to 30 minutes to fully absorb into the skin.  Ours absorbs in under a second, so you don't have to wait before applying other moisturizers. FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5 is designed to optimize the retinol activation process within the skin.  Retinol must be converted to isotretinoin by enzymes called retinyl ester hydrolases in order to become active within the skin.  Our formulation is designed to increase the efficiency of this process with an optimized delivery system and conditions. Our retinol is also microencapsulated, targeting retinoid receptors in the skin for a full eight hours.  This makes FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5 ideal for nighttime use.

How to Use

For best results, apply a pea-sized amount to thoroughly cleansed skin the evening.  Carefully avoid the eye area.  If you have never used microencapsulated retinol products before, there may be a transitional period.  Begin by limiting use to two times per week, and then gradually increase frequency to every other night, and finally once an evening as tolerated.  As with many products, best results can be achieved under the supervision of a health care professional.

Ingredients

0.5% Retinol, Aqua, Glycerin (hydrator), Alcohol (thins the solution), Octyldodecanol (emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (thins the solution), cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone (emulsifier), Allyl Metacrylates Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Salix Alba Bark Extract (anti-inflammatory, antioxidant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (anti-inflammatory), BHT (antioxidant), Tocopherol (antioxidant), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (emollient), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (thickening agent), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Propylene Glycol (thins the solution), Diazolidinyl Urea (antimicrobial preservative), Propylparaben (antimicrobial preservative), Methylparaben (antimicrobial preservative).

Safety

Our product is tested for safety and efficacy and physician-approved.  Our ingredients are deemed safe and highly efficacious in the concentrations they are used in our product, even with typical repeated use over time.  As with any product, please use for external use only.  Keep out of reach of children.  Avoid contact with eyes.  Discontinue for a week before hair removal waxing.  Do not use if undergoing a skin peeling regimen.  Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing.  Please use with a broad-spectrum sunscreen.

Special Introductory Rate Until September 19, 2012!

• $39.95 + $5.00 S&H in the U.S. and Canada ($25.00 S&H International) until September 19, 2012
  • $54.95 after September 19, 2012
  • 30-day return policy.  Satisfaction guaranteed!
  • First microencapsulated, time-release, lightweight 0.5% retinol gel formula
  • Optimized efficacy and stability
  • For more, please visit FutureDerm Shop
Date: August 12 2012 at 1:33 PM
Uncategorized

1. Kristina
    August 12 2012 at 1:43 PM

Woohooo!! Congrats Nicki! Ordering mine later tonight when I get home! I've been using Green Cream per your recommendation but when you announced you were releasing a retinol, I was like...I have to try this!! Love your blog. It's my favorite derm blog hand's down. Will applying a moisturizer after applying your retinol prevent the retinol from penetrating? I think I read on Cynthia's Bailey blog that moisturizers with dimethicone or glycerin applied after retinol will block retinol penetration....can't remember for sure.

2. Nicki
    August 12 2012 at 1:46 PM

@Kristina - Thank you! Kind words keep us going :-) Typically, retinol moisturizers need some time in order to drink into the skin. However, ours is a lightweight gel, which absorbs into the skin really quickly (under a second!). So we're really proud of that. To answer your question, we designed it so you could apply other moisturizers after. If you want to still wait, that's fine, but I've been using mine and applying moisturizer immediately after and have been getting great results. I hope you do too!

3. Lynn
    August 12 2012 at 3:30 PM

I'm so excited for your Retinol Nicki! I just learned recently time release retinol is better because it won't irritate the skin so much. But man I still have a generous supple of PeterThomas Roth and Dr. Jeannette Graf products to go thru. Do you think you'll make a retinol body cream too? That's what i need the most, but stronger than Dr. Graf's. Oh and would you recommend using retinol on lips? are there lips products with retinol?

4. erika
    August 12 2012 at 3:42 PM

I still have almost a full bottle of Replenix Retinol left...but I have got to try your retinol...will be purchasing it tonight as well!! And I love Lynn's suggestion for a body retinol. I used the Dr. Graf one that you recommended but it doesn't seem very potent and the open air container isn't very good either. Would love to see a body retinol too! Congratulations on this release Nicki! I know we'll be expecting great things from you! :)

5. Nicki
    August 12 2012 at 5:19 PM

@Lynn - Aww thanks! That's a great idea. It might have to be in a few months - we're making a vitamin CE Ferulic next month and a sunscreen come spring, but maybe we can do a retinol body treatment too!

6. Nicki
    August 12 2012 at 5:20 PM

@Erika - Aww thanks so much!!!

7. Ana
    August 12 2012 at 6:50 PM

Yay for body retinol, would love to see a body antioxidant & brightener as well! And a hand cream with antioxidants and high SPF would be lovely too.

8. Ozana
    August 12 2012 at 7:53 PM

Hi, I was so much looking out for this one, as I am a regular reader of your blog. But I am so disappointed that it has alcohol, which is so bad for the skin (it dries the skin, creates free radicals, etc. ) and it is on 3rd place in the list, so that means a lot of alcohol. I am so so sad because I won't buy it. You say that this product is light and absorbs into the skin very fast, and that is thanks to the alcohol which evaporates and leaves only the other ingredients. I hope that one day you will reconsider and replace it by some other ingredient.

9. Nicki
    August 12 2012 at 8:03 PM

Hi @Ozana - Alcohol actually doesn't dry out the skin or create free radicals in this formulation. Alcohol is drying whenever it is applied alone to the skin. That is true. But when alcohol is applied in conjunction with hydrators like glycerin, dimethicone, and aloe, it helps to dry out or compact the layers of the solution, not your skin. Alcohol also does not create free radicals when applied topically. This rumor stems from the research that shows drinking/consuming alcohol causes free radical release. However, when applied topically, alcohol has never been shown in any peer-reviewed research study to cause free radical production. I promise you this. Hope this helps! I really believe in our formulation, and I'm not just saying that. I understand if you're not comfortable using a product, but I really feel ours is great. Also, Ozana, you can always try ours for up to 30 days - we do have a guarantee. But, again, it's up to you. Thank you for your concerns, either way. All the best, Nicki

10. Casey
    August 12 2012 at 8:43 PM

great explanation about the alcohol nicki. i used to believe alcohol was bad for the skin too but have since changed my views i third the retinol treatment for the body! can your retinol be used with 4% hydroquinone? if so, do you recommend mixing the retinol with the hydroquinone or applying one after another? thanks!

11. Nicki
    August 12 2012 at 9:20 PM

@Casey - I only believe alcohol is bad for the skin when it is used alone. Otherwise, it is drying out the solution, not your skin! Our retinol can be used with hydroquinone, but please keep in mind that both retinol and hydroquinone can be drying, unless your skin is used to it. So please start by using our retinol with a moisturizer, and then perhaps the next night switch to the hydroquinone. Hope this helps!

12. Rolah Malin Lønning Osman
    August 13 2012 at 12:15 AM

Wow! I'm so proud of you Nicki!!! Your product sounds amazing, I love the gel formula and that you can more easily apply moisturizers over! Do you have plans to come out with a 1%? I've been using 1% for a while, and don't want to decrease my retinol concentration now that my skin has grown accustomed to it. Also, any plans to reduce the S&H for international orders? $25 is a little bit steep..

13. Claire
    August 13 2012 at 4:48 AM

Once your vit c comes out will you stop using your Skinceuticals product, are they comparable because I want to know if I should try the skinceuticals or Wait for your version?

14. Wipawa
    August 13 2012 at 9:36 AM

Yeah .. order is placed. And thanks for shipping to APO address. I am so excited to get my hand on your retinol.

15. HB
    August 13 2012 at 10:55 AM

Hey Nikki, I wanted to buy two bottles but the shipping is different than what you listed: $39.95 + $5.00 S&H in the U.S. and Canada ($25.00 S&H International) I live in Canada which should be $5, however when I went to purchase it said $25.

16. HB
    August 13 2012 at 10:58 AM

PS. PLEASE make a body Retinol (that is not too pricey!) that would be amazing! I will order the CE serum as well since SkinCeuticals is making me broke

17. Nicki
    August 13 2012 at 10:58 AM

@Rolah - I do plan to come out with a 1%. But it all depends on the success of the 0.5%. Traditionally, the 1% does not sell as well as the 0.5%, because it's a smaller addressable market. So if the 0.5% is a runaway success, we'll do it right away. Otherwise, we'll have to save up for a while to do it! Thank you for your interest though - we love product suggestions!

18. Nicki
    August 13 2012 at 11:01 AM

@Claire - Well, here's the honest truth. The Skinceuticals CE Ferulic is a top-notch, excellent product. I would never knock it. Ours is also top-notch and excellent (if I do say so myself!). FutureDerm CE Ferulic is very similar, with a few surprise twists/improvements. (Here's a hint: There's a pun around the word "twist!") We will be premiering FutureDerm CE Ferulic on or around September 19, depending on how fast we can manufacture. (*rushes*) With that said, if I were you, I'd buy a small Skinceuticals CE Ferulic if I was out of it, and use it daily, and then get ours after :-) Hope this helps!

19. Nicki
    August 13 2012 at 11:01 AM

@Wipawa - So glad you ordered!

20. Nicki
    August 13 2012 at 11:03 AM

@HB - Done! Changed the shipping requirement. Sorry about that - we set the preferences late on Sunday night, and I must've specified "US only" as $5 instead of "US and Canada" as $5. Please try your order again, it should work now. :-) Wow - I'm really impressed by the demand for a retinol body creme. I'll start working on something as soon as our budget allows. Please tell your friends about our line - the more we sell, the faster we can start to invest in new products!

21. gail
    August 13 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi Nicki, Congratulations on your latest endeavor, I'm sure you will be wildly successful. I have enjoyed reading your blog for quite a while now so thank you! I have two questions if you find the time to answer I would be very grateful! I over 50 with the usual aging related issues of sun damage, mainly dark spots. I have rather oily skin and have been using trenoitin for a few years, it never dries my skin. Would there be a benefit to switching to your product? Second, I still am unsure as to the order of products, Vit. C , glycolic acid pads, trenoitin, etc. , and to make matters worse they seem to make my skin oily! Please advise or refer me to a regime to correct and prevent further damage. (Yes I use sunscreen daily)

22. Peach
    August 13 2012 at 4:23 PM

I fourth (or fifth or sixth?) the body retinol!! :D would purchase your body retinol in an instant! the only downside is that i have to up my sunblock application on my body...

23. Berk
    August 14 2012 at 7:03 AM

a retinol treatment for the body for CELLULITE!! now that would be something! i try to apply skinceuticals retinol to my bum and thighs but that gets expensive...heh.

24. Nicki
    August 14 2012 at 11:57 AM

@Gail - Great question! When you say you have rather oily skin and tretinoin never dries it, do you mean this is a good or bad thing? As the creator of this product, I'm going to tell you to buy ours! It is risk-free for 30 days - if for any reason you don't like it, just send it back with your receipt and we'll refund you, no questions asked. :-) http://futurederm.myshopify.com But as a person, and one who wants to be able to look at herself proudly in the mirror each morning, I'll tell you that while our retinol is incredible, if you are using a retinoid product you love already, you don't have to switch. The difference between ours and others is that it is time-release, microencapsulated, and lightweight, so it drinks into the skin quickly and can be used with other products. As for the order of products, I recommend: MORNING -Cleanse -Vitamin CE Ferulic serum (boosts the power of sunscreen) -Sunscreen (I love NIA 24 Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30, though there is an adjustment period where your skin will be red for about a week) -Best primer for oily skin I've found so far: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer NIGHT -Cleanse -FutureDerm Retinol 0.5 or other retinoid 6x/week -Glycolic acid instead of retinol 1x/week -Moisturizer. The moisturizer to use depends on your skin concerns. If you have oily skin, as you said, the moisturizer may be optional. Please let me know if you have more concerns. As always, see your dermatologist for more specific recommendations too :-) All the best, Nicki

25. Nicki
    August 14 2012 at 11:58 AM

@Peach - Aww! I wish you would buy our face retinol in an instant too haha :-) Thanks for the idea though!

26. Nicki
    August 14 2012 at 12:00 PM

@Berk - That's an interesting idea. I'm always reluctant to market a product for cellulite because I am very careful about my credibility. There really is no cure for cellulite. Retinoids help it appear better because retinoids significantly improve the texture of the skin, so there are less "lumps and bumps," so to speak. But the actual trapping of the fat within the matrix of the skin...well, that's not going to change with retinoids. But maybe I could invent a product that has concentrated retinoids that will thicken the skin above the cellulite...*thinks*

27. gail
    August 14 2012 at 3:52 PM

thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I just ordered your product and look forward to trying your version of Vitamin C when it comes out.

28. BooBooNinja
    August 14 2012 at 4:01 PM

How many pumps does it take to cover the face? And how many pumps would you say each bottle has? I'm trying to figure out how this compares with my regular retinol product. Thanks!

29. Leila
    May 22 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hi, I would like to say that i have become a fan of your website.Congratulations for all your hard work! I ordered your product (retinol), but i have a few doubts... i sent 2 mails through your "contact" area, but still had no response... ;( Do you think this would be a good regimen while using your Retinol: MORNING: 1- Cleanse with Dr Dennis Gross all-in-one Cleansing foam 2- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Peel 3- Skinceuticals CE Ferulic acid 4- Moisturizer NIGHT 1- Cleanse with Dr Dennis Gross all-in-one Cleansing foam 2- Apply your Retinol 3- Apply Olay Regenerist moisturizer I am not sure about my morning regimen and what moisturizer you would recomend... Please help!! My order of your product will be arriving and i want to use it right! Thank You!