Try FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5 Risk-Free for 30 Days!

FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol ContestYep, so as you know, we released our first skin care product, FutureDerm Time-Release Retinol 0.5.  It's really incredible:

• 0.5% pure retinol
  • Proven to fight fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, sagging skin, rough or mottled skin, acne scarring, mild to moderate acne
  • Suitable for all skin types - perfect alone for oily skin, with a moisturizer for dry skin
  • Microencapsulated, time-release technology sustains the release of retinol for 8 full hours
  • Lightweight gel formula

We worked really hard on it, and I hope that you will try it!  We are also offering a special rate of $39.95 for the first month of our release.  It needs to retail for $54.95 to cover all our costs after that time. We also offer a money-back guarantee for 30 days.  We do this for two reasons:  One, it's the industry standard.  And two, that's long enough to make a significant difference in your skin. In our experience, the gel will give surprisingly good results in the first week of use.  After two weeks, fine lines and wrinkles are significantly diminished, and the skin is dramatically smoother.  Within a full month of use, your skin will also look more even-toned. It truly is a superior formula and an amazing product, and I hope that you will try it!  Our sales have been doing very well thus far, and I hope that more of our readers will continue to buy (and tell their friends)!  Please head to the FutureDerm Shop for more information! All the best, Nicki

Date: August 14 2012 at 12:10 PM
Uncategorized

1. kandyce
    August 14 2012 at 6:11 PM

very cool! how does your 0.5 retinol compare to a) retin a micro in the pump and b) retin a micro gel in the tube?

2. Veronica Novais
    August 15 2012 at 3:05 AM

Hi Nicki, I really wanna try it! Do you ship this to Brazil (more specifically, Rio de Janeiro)? Regards Veronica

3. Lana
    August 15 2012 at 3:31 AM

Hi Nicki, I love your blog! Am truly excited about your product. My only issue is that I have very mild case of rosacea on my cheeks. Can I still use this product? On a side note, I'd love to hear your opinion about revive and the whole egf issue. Is it efficient? Is there a chance it might be dangerous? Thanks a ton!

4. Nicki
    August 15 2012 at 3:48 AM

@Kandyce - Our product is more like Retin-A Micro Gel in the tube. The difference here is that Retin-A is prescription tretinoin, whereas our product is retinol. Retinol is non-prescription because it has to be converted to tretinoin in the skin. This occurs with enzymes known as retinyl ester hydrolases. Studies show tretinoin is more potent than retinol (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738081X01001882), but that retinol penetrates deeper within the skin than tretinoin (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9284094). I'm going to be honest: prescription tretinoin is stronger than our product! Amongst over-the-counter retinol products, the difference between ours and others on the market right now is analogous to the difference between Retin-A Micro Gel and Retin-A: that is, ours is a lightweight gel in a time-released, microencapsulated formulation. If you apply it before you go to sleep, it will work for a full 8 hours, and you wake up with really smooth skin. I'm incredibly proud of it!

5. Nicki
    August 15 2012 at 3:49 AM

Hi @Veronica - We do ship to Brazil! Currently we have a $25 USD shipping fee outside of the U.S. and Canada, but right now our product is $15 off ($39.95 instead of $54.95). Is this acceptable? If yes, you can go here to order: http://futurederm.myshopify.com Be sure to apply it before you go to sleep - you wake up with really smooth skin!

6. Nicki
    August 15 2012 at 4:00 AM

@Lana - The short answer is, it depends on whether or not you have used retinoids in the past. Rosacea and retinol is a complex question. On the one hand, some experts believe rosacea is aided by retinoids in the long run (http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Aktion=ShowAbstract&ProduktNr=224164&Ausgabe=227774&ArtikelNr=51380). But on the other hand, retinoids are irritating to people with rosacea in the short-term (http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.1517/14656566.5.1.5). So here's the thing. If you're not using retinoids already, I would recommend starting with a mild formula, like RoC or Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and seeing how your skin tolerates it. Start that every 3 nights in the beginning. Gradually work up to nightly use. Then switch to a stronger formulation, like ours, or Skinceuticals 0.5 or Green Cream Level 6. And again, start every 3 nights, then gradually work up to nightly use as your skin tolerates it. Again - on the one hand, your skin might be better with our formula, because it is time-release over the course of eight hours. But on the other hand, it's got a deep-penetrating formula, so even with the soothing witch hazel and aloe, it could be irritating for rosacea. You would need to start with once every 3 nights and test it. Of course, with a condition like rosacea, it is of course best to see a dermatologist for regular consults and personalized recommendations. :-) Hope this helps though! PS - That's a fascinating EGF question. I have my personal opinions, but I'm going to do my best to be unbiased and do research now. I'll let you know what I come up with.

7. May
    August 15 2012 at 4:12 AM

Hi, Nicki! Can a Retinol or some similar product ever be applied to the eyelids? It sounds like it's the gold standard for generating new skin, but I have read that the eyelid is so thin that products applied to it can absorb through and affect the eyeball. I am trying to find a product to "cure" my left eyelid, which in recent years has on occasion developed an extra fold, which I'm guessing indicates that my eyelid skin has become even thinner and weaker. I used to use the D.U.P. Wonder Eyelid Tape to temporarily fix the "triple fold", but I stopped because it seemed to be making the problem worse in the long run. I'm fast running out of ideas of how to boost cellular regeneration in my eyelid skin. Any suggestions? Thanks!

8. Nicki
    August 15 2012 at 4:21 AM

@May - The official answer is, you cannot apply retinol around the eyes. While retinol regenerates the skin by stimulating collagen production, it also temporarily thins the skin. I've never heard of it in a clinical trial/study absorbing through and affecting the eyeball - the person in question must have accidentally applied some in his/her eye. With that said, I've used retinol around the eyes very carefully, and it has been done by experts in some studies (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1473-2130.2004.00070.x/abstract?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false). But you must be VERY careful while doing so, and I honestly can't publicly recommend it. As for the eyelid tape, I'm in the same (Asian) boat. I used the D.U.P. Wonder Tape for about a week and loved the results, only to realize that my eyelids had become a bit stretched. Since I only used it for a week, it snapped back pretty quickly. How long did you use it? Hope this helps, Nicki

9. May
    August 15 2012 at 7:18 AM

Thanks for the advice, Nicki! I guess I'll have to weigh the pros and the cons with regards to applying retinol to one's eyelids ... To be precise, the D.U.P. Wonder Eyelid Tape was NOT the initial cause of my left eyelid becoming weaker/thinner/saggier. About a year ago, I woke up one day with a triple eyelid, and ever since the problem has recurred intermittently, so I purchased the eyelid tape to make my eyelid fold correctly on those days when I'm unlucky enough to wake up with a triple eyelid. All in all, I've probably used the tape at most 20 times? However, recently I had a spate where I found myself having to use the tape every day for more than a week. At the same time, I found out that users of the tape (who were using it to get double eyelids, not fix problems like mine) reported having saggier eyelids as a result, so I immediately stopped. I don't know why it's just my eye left eyelid that has this problem, although I do know that I once developed a cyst on that eyelid and used hydrocortisone to bring it down overnight (really, it worked like magic!). I know that hydrocortisone thins the skin, and the eyelid is already pretty thin ... But if the hydrocortisone really was the culprit (yet I only used it that one time), then I think I just became the poster child for permanent damage caused by the skin-thinning properties of hydrocortisone!

10. Lana
    August 15 2012 at 5:48 PM

Thanks so much, Nicki! I actually once asked a derm re retinol, and she recommended I believe aveeno in the same 0.5 concentration, which I used for a few weeks and then just accidentally left at the hotel and never repurchased. I dont remember any bad reaction, so I will try your product starting with a few times a week. My skin isn't generally too sensitive Thanks for your review re revive:) I actually used it and loved a feel. But given the doubts stopped a year ago. Plus, I'm 36 with fairly well aging skin, so I can wait until more research is available:) thanks!

11. angie evans
    February 27 2013 at 1:00 PM

i have just started useing retanol 0.5 for 3 days my skin is burning ,with red patches and some slight peeling i had perfect skin no acne why is this happening it looks like i have burnt my skin especially under the eyes can you help?