Ah the holidays…the most wonderful time of the year! Who doesn’t love the scent of peppermint hot cocoa wafting around every Starbucks, or the festive lights embellishing the city streets? Who can resist the magic of carols, or the warmth of being with loved ones?
Oh, and of course everyone loves the makeup kits at Sephora! Isn’t that what the holiday season is all about, anyway? (I kid, I kid.) Back to my point…every year around the holidays, the wonderful cosmetic companies at Sephora come out with amazing makeup and skincare kits so you can get your favorite products — or some you’ve been wanting to try — for a great price. Plus, they make great gifts!
Here are some of my must-have kits for this holiday season.
1. Bare Minerals Cool As Ice Set
This Bare Minerals kit comes with six mini-sized Marvelous Moxie lip glosses. Made with shea butter and without parabens, this lip set is perfect for plumped, healthy, glossy lips. By far the best part of this kit is the cool $25 price tag. Six glosses for only $25 is less than $5 per gloss! With the vibrant colors included in the set, this would make a great gift for a fun and fearless makeup lover in your life.
[Read More: Spotlight On: Shea Butter]
Note: There has always been a lot of controversy around the subject of parabens, but this article about parabens from Futurederm lays it out for you so you can make your own decision on the matter: Are the Parabens in Skin Care Products Really Bad for You?
2. Bare Minerals The Total Package Collection
Yes, another Bare Minerals kit, but what can I say — they have great deals! This kit comes with a lot, so get ready because here it goes:
- 1 mini Marvelous Moxie lip gloss
- 1 mini Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in black
- 1 mini Mineral Veil
- 1 mini All-Over Face Color in Clear Radiance
- 1 mini Purely Nourishing Moisturizer
- 1 mini Prime Time Original Foundation Primer
- AND a voucher for a full-size original or matte SPF 15 Foundation
Did I mention you get all of this for only $36? This is the perfect kit to try out Bare Minerals’ most popular items. It’s a great deal from a great makeup line. Fun fact, the Bare Minerals Mascara is made with beneficial ingredients such as aloe and jojoba oil is a favorite among Sephora customers, along with their famous mineral veil.
[Read More: Spotlight On: Aloe Vera]
3. Sephora Favorites Glitz And Glam Party Sampler
Since the holiday season is jam packed with holiday parties, I thought it appropriate to include a kit that contains everything you need to bring in the new year, all for $45. I know this price tag is a little steeper than the previous two, but wait until you hear what it comes with:
- 1 mini Stila Duo Shimmer Powder in Kitten
- 1 mini Laura Mercier Baked Eye Color
- 1 mini Bare Minerals Eye Color in Good Fortune
- 1 mini SEPHORA by OPI Nail Colour in Looks Like Rain Dear
- 1 mini Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara
- 1 mini Nars Body Glow
- 1 mini Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre Gold
- 1 mini Bare Escenturals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Trail Blazer
- 1 mini Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Starfish
With everything you’re getting in this kit, shelling out $45 might be well worth it. This kit is a must have for any holiday party.
4. Sephora Favorites Lash Stash
If you’re lash obsessed, you can take that $45 and buy this lash kit. This kit has SO many lash products; I beg you to not read the list in just one breath. All the following sizes are mini:
- 1 Tarte multiplEYE Lash Enhancing Primer
- 1 Sephora Collection Outrageous Volume Macara in Ultra Black
- 1 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! In Black
- 1 Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara in Excessive Black
- 1 Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara
- 1 Clinique High Impact Mascara, Benefit They’re Real! Mascara
- 1 Buxom Lash in Blackest Black
- 1 Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara
- 1 Sephora Collection Falso Eye Lashes in Flutter
- 1 Sephora Collection Eyelash Glue, Beautenizer Fiberwig
- 1 Smash Full Exposure Mascara
Now breathe! This kit is an absolute steal in my opinion — especially if you like experimenting with mascaras as much as I do.
One product that especially caught my eye (sorry, had to do it) is Tarte’s eyelash primer. It sounded like this was a lash growth serum of sorts, but after looking at the ingredients, it is essentially a lash moisturizer to help moisturize lashes because mascara dries them out. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s great to add some moisture and protection to your lashes (plus the priming benefits will keep your mascara on longer), but don’t let the title fool you — you’re not going to wake up with a full fringe.
Here are the key ingredients, found on the Sephora website, that make this primer so beneficial to your lashes:
- HydroPlant™ Peptide: A naturally derived proprietary blend clinically proven to increase the appearance of lash volume while increasing health and appearance of length.
- Cellulose: Natural plant derived thickening agent.
- Soy protein: A complete protein that fortifies thickens and nourishes lashes.
- Almond oil: Emollient extract retains moisture to keep lashes soft and supple.
5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Smooth Operator Kit
Now after a night on the town with a flawless face of makeup, you’re going to need a nice soothing skincare routine to wash it all away. This skincare set from First Aid Beauty offers:
- 1 mini-sized Ultra Repair Cream (for on the go!)
- 1 full-sized Ultra Repair Cream (for at home!)
- mini version and a full-size version of their Ultra Repair Cream (one for home, one on the go!),
- an Ultra Repair Lip Therapy,
- and an Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask.
The secret to this product line is in the special ingredient oatmeal, which is said to soothe irritated skin. Another soothing quality? This skin calming set is only $45.
6. Clarins Feed 10 Kit
And last but not least, in the spirit of giving this holiday season, this Clarins Feed 10 set is the perfect way to give back at just $40. According to Sephora’s website, “The sale of each Feed 10 Pouch will provide 10 nutritious school meals through the United Nations World Food Programme — a beautiful way to feed your skin and your soul,” and I couldn’t agree more.
Plus, you’re getting four of Clarins’ hottest products plus a FEED pouch.
This kit includes:
- 1 mini beauty flash balm
- 1 mini UV Plus HP SPF 40 Day Screen High Protection
- 1 mini Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch
- 1 mini Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rose
Clarins’ Beauty Flash Balm is an extremely popular item. It “instantly moisturizes, brightens, and tightens facial contours so skin looks rested and relaxed,” and any beauty addict would be excited to get to try this item out. The sunscreen is mineral based and filled with other skin loving’ ingredients, and the Smooth Perfecting Touch is a mousse-like primer that glides on with ease.
Contributing Writer Jana Levin is a beauty obsessed, Public Relations major from Los Angeles who is currently studying in Boston. As a redhead with the self-described “translucent pale, sensitive complexion” that comes with her colored mane, Jana is a fan of the more natural products. She’ll be giving insight into what she has tested out over the years, and why she chose to be (mostly) chemical-free with her beauty products. She believes in natural beauty, but still supports the science behind cosmetics. She aims her posts at those with sensitive skin like her own.View all Jana Levin posts.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 3 Lies the Natural Product Industry is Feeding You (and the Underlying Truth)
- Are Inorganic Sunscreens Better Than Organic Ones? Part V: Conclusion and Product Recommendations
- Golden Bronzed Tutorial
- 3 Reasons Why Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Destroy Your Hair – And What to Use Instead
- Should Niacinamide and Acidic Ingredients Be Used Together?
- Is the Vitamin A in Sunscreen Really Bad for You?
- Does the Oil Cleansing Method Work?
- Spotlight On: Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide and Nicotinic Acid)
- Follow Friday+Nicki’s Personal Updates: 5 Secrets for Lasting Friendship
- Pixi Glow’s Pirouette Pink Nail Colour Review
Subscribe & Save
Subscribe to our RSS Feed