Recently I had the opportunity to try out Pop Beauty Peak Performance Cocoa Charm Mascara. I’m typically not a fan of brown mascaras; if I’m going to wear brown I really prefer a bronzey shade.
Pop Beauty Claims
A revolution in mascara application! Mascara with advanced lash comb separates, coats, lifts & fans out every lash, resulting in immense lash volume & dramatically maximized eyes. Lash-protecting formula conditions & nourishes lashes. Hygienic twist-up wand prevents bacteria build up & formula dry out, ensuring fresh new mascara every time.
- Resists tears, sweat & humidity
- Infused with lash conditioning protein & vitamin E
- Twist up wand ensures a fresh application every time
Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Iron Oxides, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Alcohol, Beeswax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Bentonite, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glyceryl Stearate, Nylon-66, Polysorbate 80, PVP, Silica, Stearyl Alcohol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Amethyst Powder, Tourmaline, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Isobutylparaben, Nephrite Powder, Pearl Powder, Ruby Powder, Amber Powder, Coral Powder.
What makes this mascara different from any other mascara that I’ve tried is the innovative comb! It’s like a built-in lash comb. So you twist it 5 times and it fills up with mascara (which is entirely too much and goopy, in my opinion) and then you apply it to your lashes. For me, I struggle with clumpy lashes. This brush makes it far less likely to clump! You’re basically taking a very good lash comb and coating your lashes.
Application Tips from Pop Beauty
- First time use: twist base 5 clicks, filling entire comb with mascara. Each additional use: twist base 4-5 clicks.
- Curl lashes. Wiggle the comb from lash root to tip.
- For outer & inner lashes, turn comb vertically; layer and “fan out” to add volume & length.
- For center lashes, apply by pushing lashes up & holding for a few seconds to lock in curl.