Products purchased by me. All opinions are my own.
Happy Friday! This is the final round of the BB & CC Creams War before I start pitting the winners against each other. The three products I’m warring with today are It Cosmetics Anti-Aging Full Coverage Physical SPF50 CC Cream, Too Faced Air-Buffed BB Crème Complete Coverage Makeup SPF 20, and e.l.f. Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20.
Just to remind you, BB creams should act as a moisturizer, have high SPF, have concealing abilities, act as foundation, have anti-aging properties, brightening properties, nourishing properties, and some claim to also prime the skin. In other words, BB Creams are supposed to be full coverage products. CC Creams should have high SPF, better coverage without looking like you’ve caked on makeup, alleviate uneven skintones, and have a lighter and better texture so your real skin shines through. Tinted moisturizers usually have SPF, a tint to even out your skintone, moisturize the skin, and some have anti-aging benefits.
It Cosmetics Anti-Aging Full Coverage Physical SPF50 CC Cream — $34.68 for 1.08 fl. oz.
Active – Titanium Dioxide 9.015%, Zinc Oxide 6.305%
Water, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol
Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG, 10/1
Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate,
Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Laurate, Stearic Acid,
Calcium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus
Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia
(Bergamot) Fruit Oil, 1,2, Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, Citrus
Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf
Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacinamide, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Anthemis Nobilis
Flower Water, Lactobacillus/Honeysuckle Flower/Licorice Root/Morus Alba Root/Pueraria Lobata Root/Schizandra Chinensis Fruit/Scutellaria Baicalensis Root/Sophora Japonica Flower Extract Ferment Filtrate, Perfluorohexane, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Cholesteryl Isostearate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Indicum flower Extract, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Perfluorodecalin, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Pentafluoropropane, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Steareth 20, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Colloidal Oatmeal, Hydrolyzed Silk, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Silica, BHT, Potassium sorbate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, N Hydroxysuccinimide, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Tocopherol, Thiamine HCl, Riboflavin, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantothenic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Niacin, Folic Acid, Chrysin, Carnitine HCl, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7, Chlorhexidine Digluconate.
May Contain: Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)
IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ is your full-coverage color-correcting cream, antiaging serum, and broad-spectrum SPF 50+ all in one! This highly pigmented, multitasking beauty miracle covers everything, won’t crease or crack in fine lines, and gives you a Your Skin But Better glow.
- Who is it for: Anyone who wants the power to achieve their most beautiful skin ever! Anyone who wants the antiaging benefits of peptides; niacin; algae; vitamins A, C, B, and E; hyaluronic acid; hydrolyzed collagen; and SPF 50+ UVA/UVB broad-spectrum sunscreen. Anyone who wants full coverage to instantly correct and camouflage skin imperfections. Anyone who wants to diffuse the look of lines and wrinkles on the face and achieve a more radiant-looking, flawless, supple complexion.
- Why is it different: Developed with leading plastic surgeons, Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream is a multitasking beauty miracle. It’s your SPF 50+ UVA/UVB sunscreen that helps to protect against the rays that both burn and age your skin. It’s also your full-coverage color-correcting cream and antiaging serum! The hydrating formula is infused with peptides; niacin; algae; vitamins A, C, B, and E; hyaluronic acid; and hydrolyzed collagen, along with antioxidants and exotic botanicals for brightening and color-correcting benefits.
- How do I use it: Apply once in the morning to clean skin, or over the top of your moisturizer for all-day wear and flawless complexion perfection.
Animal Testing Policy
It Cosmetics is cruelty-free.
Too Faced Air-Buffed BB Crème Complete Coverage Makeup – $39 for .98 oz.
Active – Titanium Dioxide 8.3%
Triethylhexanoin, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Dextrin Palmitate, Mica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Butylene Glycol, Water, Silica, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Averrhoa Carambola Leaf Extract, Rhodomyrtus Tomentosa Fruit Extract
This is the first complete coverage Beauty Balm that evens skin tone and banishes imperfections with an air-buffed second skin finish. The result? Flawless looking skin with 5-in-1 benefits. Includes a snap-in-place Air-Buff Brush specifically created with our cruelty-free Teddy Bear Hair to blend this lightweight formulation into flawless looking skin. This is vegan friendly and paraben free.
Air Buffed BB Crème is where skincare and makeup meet. The cream-to-powder formula provides long-lasting, complete (and buildable) coverage with 5-in-1 benefits:
- Protects with SPF 20
Tips for Application
To apply this foundation, dab the brush in tiny circles across the bb creme. Then apply to the face, starting at the center and moving outward in a circular motion. It is very much like applying a loose mineral foundation, in my opinion. You can pat it on if you need to conceal a spot. Pat for coverage, buff to blend, repeat to build up to the desired coverage.
Snow Glow – porcelain with pink undertone
Vanilla Glow – fair with golden undertone
Cream Glow – light beige with golden undertones
Linen glow – medium beige with golden undertone
Nude Glow – warm beige with golden undertones
Animal Testing Policy
Too Faced is cruelty-free.
e.l.f. Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – $3 for .7 fl. oz.
This lightweight and hydrating formula is breathable and provides anti-aging sun protection with UVA/UVB SPF 20. Achieve even skin tone and naturally radiant skin with this moisturizing sheer tint of color. The smooth formula enhances your complexion with the nourishing key ingredients Aloe, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E.
e.l.f. Cosmetics is cruelty-free.
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 won Round 5.
Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth CC Crème SPF 30 won Round 4.
TONYMOLY Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream (SPF30/PA++) won Round 3.
Paula’s Choice Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 30 won Round 2.
Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer Face SPF20 won Round 1.
- 63Products purchased by me. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links. Happy Friday! I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day if you celebrated yesterday. I'm back with Round 4 of the BB and CC Creams War. This time I've got the Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream, Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42…
- 53I'll admit, I'm slow to change: When BB creams first came out, I didn't like the fact that they only came in 3-5 shades each. Then, I started to realize that they usually had only silicone bases, meaning that the key ingredients were laying on top of the skin, not embedded in delivery systems absorbed…
- 51Surprising Lady, a photo by KobenP on Flickr. Everyday, we make the conscious choice to trust all kinds of people, places, and things. We trust our best friend with our deepest, darkest secrets. We don't second-guess that our bus or car or plane will get us to our destination safely. But when it comes…