Some products purchased by me. Some sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.
Happy Friday! While I know it's still the thick of Summer for some of us (like me in Sunny Florida), many others are feeling the chill of Fall in the air. I thought it would be the PERFECT time to give you the Beginner's Guide to Fall lipsticks. This way, you'll be ready once it's here! I've got 10 of the best lip colors for Fall, including both shimmer and mattes. I even share how I rock a Fall lip.
1. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Venom
This bright plum shade is gorgeous and can be blotted down to a just kissed berry shade.
2. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Shame
The deepest, darkest, sweetest berry from UD, this shade lets you really vamp it up for Fall.
3. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy
Want a more modern twist on Fall? Try this bright fuchsia shade. Deepen the outer v of your lips with a slightly darker berry shade first, then apply this with a lip brush. Finish with a clear gloss.
4. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked 2
A smoky eye in the Fall is inevitable, so you'll need a nice nude like this warm beige-nude.
5. Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in Nude No. 5
If a warm beige isn't your style, this golden peach nude is ultra flattering.
6. Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb! Moisture Plumping Lip Tint in Never Enough Nude
This tint is light enough to turn a pinky-nude on my pale lips, making it another great choice for a nude lip.
7. Illamasqua Lipstick in Resist
If you're fond of mattes, this berry violet is stunning.
8. Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw
Fall wouldn't be complete without a rich red matte!
9. Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil in Tannin
This is a beautiful deep poppy red with a satin matte finish.
10. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
This classic red matte shade is timeless.
You may be worried about applying such bold lipstick shades, but if you follow my guide, you'll have nothing to worry about.
1. Prep the lips by exfoliating them with a lip scrub to get rid of any rough spots.
2. Moisturize your lips and let the lip moisturizer sink in. Wait a few minutes and then blot off any extra moisturizer.
3. Using either a clear lip liner like Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone or a matching lip liner color, line the V in your cupid's bow, making sure that your lines are symmetrical.
4. Follow your lip line to the inner corners of your lips, carefully lining them. Then line your lower lip, starting from the center and working your way towards the inner corners of your lips. Then fill them in. Blot if you feel you have excess lip liner.
5. With a lip brush, apply your chosen lip bold lip shade, starting on the top lip and then filling in the bottom lip.
6. Carefully blot your lips on a tissue.
You're ready to go!
What are your choices for Fall lip colors?