Greetings, FutureDerm readers! I receive several dozen press releases each week, and I thought I would share some of the more interesting stories with you daily via a blog post. Please note that the reviews and opinions contained within the news posts on FutureDerm.com are not necessarily the opinions of our writers, editors, or myself, but rather from press releases. Still interesting and captivating info though!
As always, feel free to contact me at nicki[at]futurederm[dot]com directly anytime!
All the best,
Murad Launches New Skin Smoothing Polish
Hope this finds you well! Just wanted to quickly reach out and share some news with you! Summer is here and it’s time to shake things up (especially for your skin). Just like changing up your workout routine is a must for staying in shape, adding a weekly exfoliator will help rejuvenate your skin and give you that clean slate. Launching this month, Murad’s new Skin Smoothing Polish will do just that. This deep cleansing boost scrubs away deep, embedded impurities and relieves clogged pores leaving skin soft, smooth and polished.
How it works:
· Jojoba Beads deeply exfoliate the skin to accelerate the process of natural elimination of dead skin cells and relieve congested pores
· Witch Hazel acts as an astringent to help tighten appearance of pores and remove excess oil
· Cinnamon Extract improves skin imperfections by helping balance oil production without drying the skin
· Rich in Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids, Starflower and Sunflower Seed Oils help increase the ability of the skin to resist moisture loss, leaving skin soft and supple
· Pomegranate Seed Extract provides powerful antioxidants to prevent free-radical damage
Katy Perry in Green Hair for the New Rolling Stone
Brights have never been better! Have you noticed how gorgeous Katy P. looks on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine? Color is in for summer and fall hair and makeup, so make sure to let your personality pop with a range of stunning hues from Streekers, Conair, Smashbox and Lumene!
Get the look with these curated items to achieve cover worthy results, fast!
- Streekers – Don’t be afraid of color! Streekers temporary hair color makes it easy to transform hair to any color you crave.
- Conair Infiniti Pro Argan Oil Treatment Strip Finishing Brush – Don’t forget to moisturize! This brush deposits enriching Argan Oil onto strands (without leaving it greasy), all it takes is one brush!
KIEHL’S SINCE 1851 EMBARKS ON 5TH LIFERIDE FOR amfAR #LifeRide5
Readers can donate at www.kiehls.com/liferide and follow us live from the road via our Social Media channels or by following#LifeRide5.
And if you’re in the area, please stop by and say hi! Public events are highlighted in yellow below.
This Year’s Riders:
- Tyson Beckford, model
- Ben Cohen, World Cup Rugby Champion
- Jay Ellis, actor
- Kevin Robert Frost, CEO, amfAR
- Conrad Leach, artist
- Vanessa Marcil, actor
- Gilles Marini, actor
- Scott Niemeyer, producer
- Grant Reynolds, actor
- Katee Sackhoff, actor
- Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl’s USA
- Teddy Sears, actor
- Jesse Lee Soffer, actor
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner, actor
- Aug. 3: Ride Launch at the Harley-Davidson Museum, Milwaukee, WI – 1pm – 1:30pm
- Aug. 4: Stop 1: Kiehl’s Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL – 12pm – 1pm
Stop 2: Kiehl’s Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL – 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Aug. 6: Stop 1: Kiehl’s at The Somerset Collection, Troy, MI – 12pm – 1pm
Stop 2: Harley-Davidson event at Lake Erie Harley-Davidson – 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Aug. 7: Kiehl’s at Dillard’s Great Northern Mall, Cleveland, OH – 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Aug. 11: World AIDS Memorial Quilt Dedication – Governor’s Island, NY – 4:30pm – 6:60pm
- Aug. 12: Stop 1: Kiehl’s at Macy’s Herald Square, New York City, NY – 11:30am – 12:30pm
Stop 2: Kiehl’s Rally: Kiehl’s Flagship Store, 109 3rd Avenue, New York City, NY
5:30pm – 6:30pm
Stop 3: Finale Celebration: 22 Little West 12th Street, New York, NY – 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Aug. 11-12: World AIDS Memorial Quilt Display – Governor’s Island, NY
- My friend Eric and me! Contrary to popular belief, skin is not just skin. Dermatologists even qualify different skin types on a scale known as the Fitzpatrick scale; different types denote different susceptibilities to skin diseases, treatment plans and options. In a prior interview of mine with African-American dermatologist Dr. Rosemarie Ingleton, M.D., she informed…
- Thanks largely to the organic and natural product movement, there are a lot of well-intentioned people out there who say things like: Let thy food be thy skin care. If my eighth-grader can't pronounce it, I won't eat it or use it on my face. If I can't eat it, I won't use it on my…
- My friend Boeui, left, and me on a recent Girl's Night Out. I think I've alluded to growing up Asian in America before in my Follow Friday columns - as a child, it could be difficult at times being one of only a few Asian kids at school. Nowadays, I've grown into my own skin, but…