No products in the cart.
Recently, I was excited to receive a copy of the ultra-new, not-yet-released Rodan + Fields book, Write Your Skin: A Prescription For Change. The book, which will become available in bookstores in November 2009 and retail for $24.95, draws on 40 years of combined experience of the Stanford-trained Rodan and Fields team. According to Dr. Katie Rodan, M.D. in the official press release, “Our patients are our inspiration…Our goal with this book is to extend our patient privilege to women everywhere by offering the best skincare solutions straight from our offices…” With that said, the book includes all of the following topics, amongst others:
- How to assess complexions like a dermatologist
- What the most common skincare concerns are and options for treatment
- How to combat the key aging culprits
- How to reverse sun damage and restore a healthy, clear, even-toned complexion
- About the latest cosmetic procedures and if they are right for you
- When to self-treat and when to visit a dermatologist
As “cosmeceuticals” have combined medicine with mainstream skin care, Write Your Skin: A Prescription For Change cleverly entwines dermatology and scientific research with practical, down-to-earth advice. The book has enough elusive facts to entice the expert reader (e.g., 20% of sun damage occurs by age 23 with 10% incurring each decade thereafter), but eliminates enough jargon so as not to require a Ph.D. in chemistry. In fact, with beautiful photographic illustrations in 17 clearly delineated chapters, it’s easy and enjoyable enough to read in place of your favorite beauty magazine. (I recently took mine to the doctor’s office while waiting for my appointment!) I can’t say enough, and I’m a huge fan. Thank you for the wonderful book, Drs. Rodan and Fields – I find you to be so inspirational!
Want to win a copy?
In celebration of the fact that I love this book so much, FutureDerm.com is giving away a free copy on November 15, 2009! To enter:
- Each “Comment” below receives one (1) free entry (must include email address for entry);
- Each Twitter link to the contest receives three (3) free entries (must include @futurederm for entry)
- Each link to the contest from your website or blog receives five (5) free entries (must e-mail contest[at] futurederm[dot]com with page link for entry).
All entries must be received by November 14, 2009 at 11:59 EST. All comments, Twitter links, and website links received will be assigned the appropriate amount of random numbers. Winner will be drawn from random number generation on November 15, 2009 at noon EST. Please note that FutureDerm.com reserves the right to withdraw this contest at any time. Winner will be announced on the site and contacted via e-mail on November 15, 2009.
Thank you for entering, and good luck! 🙂