Yeah, I’ve totally become one of those parents. Anthony is my favorite thing to talk about. I can’t spend enough time with him. My social media (personal and professional) are filled with images of him. It’s a little ridic, I’ll admit.
Since people ask, and since I share personal matters on Friday, here are some tidbits of what we know about five-almost-six-month-old Anthony so far:
- He is very active. If he’s not trying to crawl, he’s kicking his legs. If he’s not kicking his legs, he’s eating. If he’s not eating, he’s sleeping. He’s almost always doing something, which I guess isn’t surprising, given that my husband and I are both almost always on the go.
- He is very attracted to screens. One night, I was rocking him to sleep and singing to him, and he kept playing with my wrist. I looked, and here he was, playing with my iPhone watch! He seems to really be drawn to phones, computers, and electronics in general. (Don’t worry, we watch it and limit it).
- He is large for his age. He is currently in the 85th percentile for height and the 50th percentile for weight.
- He likes the outdoors a lot. If he’s particularly squirmy, all you have to do is take him outside, and his entire body relaxes. He’s very at home outdoors.
- He has the best little grin ever. He’s got a mischievous little grin and two little teeth at the bottom.
- He’s a bit of a flirt. He likes to smile at women, and then, when they smile back, he likes to turn his head away all bashfully, and then look back slyly. I’m like, “Whoa, wait, where did that come from?”
- He likes dinosaur-footed pajamas, a stuffed animal that is a grey giraffe, food of any kind, and planes. Self-explanatory.
- He is finally sleeping through the night, about 75% of the time. Woohoo!
I’m really looking forward to getting to know who Anthony is, and helping to guide his development as he grows. That said, I’m also being careful not to rush through each phase. While I do find this 5-6 month stage to be more rewarding than earlier phases, because he laughs and responds and interacts more, I’m also already a little wistful when I look back at how tiny he was in newborn photos. I’m trying to enjoy each and every phase!
- Cliradex lists synthetic eye care products that could harm your eyes
- SciaEssentials explains why Delta-5 oil is the best skin oil for acne
- Pixies Did It! explains how the Myers Briggs personality types relate to organization
- Sabrina Beauty explains the benefits of exfoliation
- MDSUN explains how laugh lines and crow’s feet can be combated