No products in the cart.
It’s Friday! I’m often impressed by people’s work ethic during a four-day week: By Friday, everyone has worked so hard, most can’t even remember they were on vacation on Monday! Americans are pretty amazing, working 30 percent longer than our European cousins (Huffington Post, 2012) – even if we like to be critical and rarely give ourselves credit for it.
I’m excited because I love to travel, and today I’m off to New York City for the Eucerin Skin First Campaign. I missed my flight this morning, but I was able to get another for this afternoon. JetBlue was pretty nice about it – I’ve always liked my experiences with that airline. (For the record, Delta is my least favorite. I believe it’s called Delta because it makes you want to change airlines.)
Anyway, on a brighter note, stay tuned for next Tuesday, when I’ll have lots of photos and advice from my Eucerin-sponsored visit with Dr. Rosemary Ingleton, M.D., an NYC-based dermatologist.
FutureDerm, Inc. has started to hire – we’re now a start-up company, expanding the blog into an online store with scores of beauty products and releasing our first product later this summer. So I’ve been quite busy searching for the right people for our team. (So far, we have three full-time employees including myself, nine writers, and several advisors/mentors). The problem is not that there is a shortage of talent. There’s always talent. The problem is that I’m looking for someone who “gets it” – our vision, our passion, our desire to become the Apple of the beauty world. (Yes, I said it. In public. So now we have to do it!)
I’m looking for real movers and shakers to be coders, writers, and general interns. We’re moving into an office on June 12 in the South Side of Pittsburgh, and it’s go time. If you’re interested, please drop me a line at nicki[at]futurederm[dot]com, or sign up for The Resumator and search for “FutureDerm, Inc.” to formally apply for our coding positions.
As for the Follow Friday, here are five great blog posts from other beauty blogs I’ve seen this week:
- Moxie Reviews covers okoii Luxury Rice Bran Soap from Japan
- Jessica at Out in a Pout makes the best argument in defense of parabens that I’ve ever heard from a fellow blogger (P.S. The majority of the scientific and medical community agrees)
- Christine at 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic reviews the new Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Face Cream Hair Remover with her honest opinion
- Dr. Cynthia Bailey, M.D. gives you recommendations for the best skin care for your 20s, 30s, and 40s in her opinion
- Dr. Leslie Baumann, M.D. gives a bit of a sensationalist edge (in a good way!) in “Sunscreen Lies that Will Fool You”
I’ll keep you all posted on our hires, as well as the release date of our store! Thanks everybody for your continued support.