No products in the cart.
Greetings, FutureDerm readers! I receive several dozen press releases each week, and I thought I would share some of the more interesting stories with you daily via a blog post. Please note that the reviews and opinions contained within the news posts on FutureDerm.com are not necessarily the opinions of our writers, editors, or myself, but rather from press releases. Still interesting and captivating info though!
Let me know what you think of this new feature — if it is popular, we will keep it!
As always, feel free to contact me at nicki[at]futurederm[dot]com directly anytime!
All the best,
Increasing Numbers of Brides are Getting Regenerating Procedures, Including Botox and Fillers
Wedding season is here, which means bridal beauty prep is officially in overdrive. Beyond the usual hair, makeup and nail routines, a recent study by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) sheds light on a new component – – cosmetic tweaks.
Data shows that weddings are the number one special event driving women of all ages towards aesthetic treatments. Injectables such as BOTOX® and hyaluronic acid, delivering rapid results are an easy favorite. The AAFPRS details that the most popular injection sites include the forehead, cheeks, and lips. The same report details that for the past two years nose jobs, eyelifts and facelifts were the most requested procedures prior to a wedding.
“Our members noted a 58% increase in cosmetic surgery and facial injectables in those under the age of 30 last year,” said Edward Farrior, MD, president of the AAFPRS. “Advances in techniques, reduced recovery times and a growing number of non-invasive options make plastic surgery more appealing to brides looking for a quick fix prior to their big day.”
Laura Mercier Introduces New Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide for Fall 2014
Laura Mercier, the founder of the Foundation Primer, Tinted Moisturizer and the “flawless face” concept that transformed the beauty industry, is launching her newest complexion innovation – Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide, $48.
This ultra-modern, lightweight, long-wear liquid foundation magically blurs imperfections.
It is formulated for all skin types, comes in 24 oil-free shades and is designed to be humidity-proof and sweat-proof. It’s the perfect solution for women who are endlessly searching for a light yet effective foundation that will achieve the “no makeup” makeup look and leave their skin looking flawless!
· What: An ultra-modern, lightweight, long-wear liquid foundation magically blurs imperfections.
· It is formulated for all skin types, comes in 24 oil-free shades and is designed to be humidity-proof and sweat-proof. It’s the perfect solution for women who are endlessly searching for a light yet effective foundation that will achieve the “no makeup” makeup look andleave their skin looking flawless!
· Price: $48
· Key Benefits:
o Magically blurs imperfections for a smooth, seamless complexion
o Bi-phase formula activates fresh colour with every use
o Colour-true shades, more natural than ever before
o Buildable coverage with a natural matte finish
o Humidify and sweat proof
· Shades: 24 available shades (Shell, Crème, Vanillé, Ivory, Ecru, Cashew, Linen, Macadamia, Butterscotch, Dune, Buff, Honey, Dusk, Golden, Suntan, Praline, Maple, Chai, Nutmeg, Pecan, Amber, Chestnut, Truffle, Espresso)
o July 2014 – Sephora
o September 2014 – nationwide Laura Mercier retailers
· Application Method: Laura recommends only applying the product where necessary. “I don’t believe in putting a mask of makeup on, but rather applying foundation sparingly, only where it’s needed.”
· Related Product: Laura Mercier’s “Smooth Finish” products deliver universally wearable, perfecting, smoothing, natural matte and oil-free foundations. Try Smooth Finish Flawless Foundation Powder, $45 for the same benefits in a convenient, on-the-go compact.
- Magically blurs imperfections for a smooth, seamless complexion
- Bi-phase formula activates fresh colour with every use
- Colour-true shades, more natural than ever before
- Buildable coverage with a natural matte finish
- Humidity and sweat proof
- July 2014 – Sephora
- September 2014 – nationwide Laura Mercier retailers
How to Fight Turkey Neck — From Dr. Sanjiv Saini of MD Dermatology
EDGEWATER, Maryland – (July 14, 2014) – Although we may be months away from Thanksgiving, many people talk about “turkey neck.” What they are referring to, however, is the often unsightly loose skin that is sagging beneath their chin. While this turkey neck may be common, especially as people age, it is not something that people have to put up with if they would like to make a change. There is help for those who have this problem, and it’s called precision neck contouring.
“We are thrilled to be the first office in the county to offer precision neck contouring,” explains Dr. Sanjiv Saini of MD Dermatology, with locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland. “This procedure provides those who have ‘turkey neck,’ as well as other neck skin problems, with a solution. And it’s one that is effective and long-lasting.”
Those who have sagging skin under their chin are ideal candidates for precision neck contouring, a procedure that is conducted under the direction of a trained and experienced dermatologist. Here are a few things to know about getting precision neck contouring to help eliminate turkey neck:
· Precision neck contouring can be used to address the sagging, loose skin under the chin that is often caused by flaccid muscles, as well as by fat accumulation. The procedure involves three holes that are made right below the ears and under the chin, with the area numbed, in order to remove the fat and tighten the skin.
· This high-tech procedure is the most advanced option available for treating trouble spots where fat collects. The treatment addresses the laxity of the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance.
· The procedure is minimally invasive and requires minimal downtime for recovery. No general anesthetic is required, and patients generally can leave the office after a 30-minute recovery period. Within a few days, patients are able to return to normal activities, and can go back to strenuous activities after two weeks.
· The results produced by precision neck contouring last longer than with other treatment options, such as having injections done. It provides people with the opportunity to turn back the clock and do away with turkey neck.
“With precision neck contouring, people generally see the results in 24 hours, but they will see the best results 3-6 months down the road,” added Dr. Saini. “It’s a highly effective procedure that can provide successful results for eliminating the dreaded turkey neck. And having it done over the summer will help ensure that your turkey neck is gone by this Thanksgiving.”
MD Dermatology offers a full line of clinical dermatology procedures in addition to precision neck contouring, including laser services, injection services, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and more. They are a medically directed spa that offers a wide range of services to meet the unique needs of every patient. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
About MD Dermatology
With locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland, MD Dermatology is a full-service medically directed spa. The medical spa is owned by Dr. Sanjiv Saini, a board-certified dermatologist who has also taught at Howard University and is the coordinating dermatologist for the Washington Nationals baseball team. MD Dermatology offers a full array of services, including precision neck contouring, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and more. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.