No products in the cart.
Over the years, my friendships have evolved from being predominantly other Type-A’s who bonded with me over schoolwork over professional demands to also including people who are interested in personal development, the mind-body connection, and, really, the spiritual side of life. However, buying presents for people who try not to get overly wrapped up in material things can be something of a challenge, to say the least.
That’s why I was excited to find Kinin and Chill Aromatherapy Pens. Purchased for a friend of mine who might read this post, so I’ll just call her J, these pen-sized aromatherapy diffusers are designed for achieving relaxation, focus, or recovery on-the-go. (Which she, as a former attorney and current activist of sorts, certainly is).
While I’ve questioned the efficacy of aromatherapy in skin care in the past, I’ve heard great things about it from my friends (like J) who enjoy it. With Kinin, there are three varieties to choose from:
- For Kinin Relax, it’s designed to target GABA. Kinin Relax is best to use before bed or during high stress/anxiety sensations throughout the day. (Maybe I should buy one of these myself…)
- For Kinin Focus, it’s designed to target norepinephrine. Kinin Focus is best to use before exercise or intensive mental activities.
- For Kinin Recover, it’s the terpenes that our body sense as indicators of health. Kinin Recover is best to use post-workout or to fight off an oncoming cold.
How to Use – Step by step
- Remove your diffuser from the packaging.
- Remove the mouthpiece protector.
- Place the diffuser to your mouth, breathe in, and hold for 2 seconds.
- Exhale through your nose. This will maximize contact with your olfactory system and produce the strongest effect.
You should be able to feel the effects within minutes. If you desire a stronger effect, repeat the breathing process as many times as you like.
Start with 3-5 complete breathing cycles, and adjust up or down to achieve your personal desired result.
If you’re looking for a unique gift for your favorite yogi or spiritually-minded friend, I highly recommend Kinin and Chill Aromatherapy Pens. They’re practical, portable, and easy ways to incorporate self-care into otherwise super busy routines.