No products in the cart.
I am a blogger associated with TotalBeauty.com, and this is a really cool contest:
Get free products and a consultation with this huge derm to the stars
Enter for a chance to win this amazing prize — a one-on-one skincare consultation with Dr. Murad (yep, the guy behind the Murad skincare line), plus he’ll send you all the free products you need to get your skin back on track.
- Sign in to TotalBeauty.com
- Be the first member to review a beauty product.
- Repeat! (You get an additional entry for every product you’re the first member to review.)
To get started, go page through products to find one with no user reviews. A good place to start: our Product Reviews section page.
Remember, every time you’re the first member to review a product, you receive another entry!
Here’s what you could win:
GRAND PRIZE (two winners!)
Receive a one-on-one telephone consultation with top dermatologist Dr. Murad and a basket containing all the products comprising the day and night Murad product regimen he recommends.
FIRST PRIZE (five winners!)
Receive a collection of free Murad products comprising a Murad regimen for the winner’s skin type.
SECOND PRIZE (ten winners!)
Receive one full-size Murad Intensive Wrinkle Reducer, worth $150.
Receive a $50 gift certificate to Sephora.com.
Hurry! Contest ends Friday, February 29!
**TotalBeauty.com Murad Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The TotalBeauty.com Murad Sweepstakes (the “Murad Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Total Beauty Media, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Murad Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations. The Murad Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and to the decisions of the Sponsor (as defined below), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Murad Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Murad Sweepstakes begins on February 19, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 29, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Murad Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
- By Mail: To enter without reviewing products, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), age and “The TotalBeauty.com Murad Sweepstakes” on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “TotalBeauty.com Murad Sweepstakes,” 8383 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 810, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA. You will receive one (1) entry into the Murad Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry request per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by March 1, 2008 and received by March 8, 2008. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. The mail-in entries for the Murad Sweepstakes will not qualify you for the NYC Makeover Sweepstakes (see Section 5 below). If you should wish to qualify for the NYC Makeover Sweepstakes by means of mail-in entries, please go to http://www.totalbeauty.com/rules.php for the applicable rules regarding mail-in entries for that sweepstakes.
Limit: Each participant may enter up to five (5) times per day during the Promotion Period, by any method or combination of methods of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Concurrent Sweepstakes Eligibility: If you submit three or more product reviews in connection with the Murad Sweepstakes, you will automatically be registered for the Total Beauty NYC Makeover Sweepstakes (the “NYC Makeover Sweepstakes”) without any further action on your part. If you submit one or more product reviews (for products that have not previously been reviewed) in connection with the NYC Makeover Sweepstakes, you will automatically be registered for the Murad Sweepstakes. Prize listings, other information and the official rules and regulations for the NYC Makeover Sweepstakes may be found at http://www.totalbeauty.com/rules.php. Your eligibility and participation in the NYC Makeover Sweepstakes shall be subject solely to the official rules and regulations applicable to the NYC Makeover Sweepstakes.
- Drawings: The Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Murad Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Murad Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Murad Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around March 14, 2008. Each potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. Each potential Grand or First Prize winner (or a parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date on which notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (or Declaration of Compliance) within the required time period (if applicable), the potential winner forfeits the prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Second Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the promotion.
- Prizes:TWO (2) GRAND PRIZE: A free consultation with Dr. Murad by telephone and a gift box, containing the particular products comprising a day and night Murad product regimen that Dr. Murad recommends in his consultation. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000 USD.
FIVE (5) FIRST PRIZES: A collection of Murad products comprising a Murad regimen for the winner’s particular skin type. ARV: $300 USD.
TEN (10) SECOND PRIZES: One (1) full-size Murad Intensive Wrinkle Reducer. ARV: $150 USD.
For Prizes: Each winner must complete the trip within one (1) year from the drawing date or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be given in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless the child(ren) of winner, any travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, one (1) travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Any travel companion must execute a liability & publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Winners and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to a prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air transportation at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations, destination and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
Total ARV of all prizes: Total ARV of all prizes: $5,000 USD.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Murad Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Murad Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (or province) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. The winners of the Grand Prize may be required, as a condition of the award and delivery of the Grand Prize, to participate in a photo or video shoot covering the acceptance and delivery of the Grand Prize. Any resulting photographs or video may be used for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Murad Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Murad Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Murad Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Murad Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Murad Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Murad Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Murad Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Murad Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Murad Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Murad Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Murad Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court, Central District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Murad Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Murad Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A.
- Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than June 30, 2008. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “The TotalBeauty.com Murad Sweepstakes, Winner List Request,” to firstname.lastname@example.org.